DeviantArt not sleek and usable enough for you?
DeviantTidy can help you.
Create Our Official Mascot-Your Task-Create Our Official Mascot by plz-WhosWho
Create an original character to be our mascot.
1. Upon entering you give us full rights to use the character in any manner we see fit. Though you WILL recieve full credit for the character.
2. The character MUST be completely original! Of course you may draw inspiration from current characters and similarites are fine. However, all entries will be on public display and if it is found that yours is in violation of this your entry will be disqualified and you will be barred from the competition.
3. You do not have to put the character into avatar format. Just a drawing will do. If you are capable of creating the avatar that is great, otherwise it will be made in some other manner.
4. Once you have uploaded your entry send us a note (containing a link) with subject- Official Mascot Entry.
5. You may enter as many times as you like.
6. We reserve the right to alter all rules as well as adding m
Vladimir Nabokov: Emoticon VisionaryFrom a 1969 interview with Alden Whitman of The New York Times:Vladimir Nabokov: Emoticon Visionary by livius
Q: How do you rank yourself among writers (living) and of the immediate past?
A: I often think there should exist a special typographical sign for a smile - some sort of concave mark, a supine round bracket, which I would now like to trace in reply to your question.
Project: A PLZ DirectoryThis is an alphabetical listing of all "plz" accounts. We also offer categories, which is a summarized version of the alphabetical list.Project: A PLZ Directory by plz-WhosWho
"What is a "plz account"?"
An account used for its avatar, whose username typically (there are exceptions) ends with 'plz'. Their avatars can be found most often in the forums.
"How do I post avatars?"
To post :iconohnoesplz:, for example, simply enter : iconohnoesplz : (without the spaces).
"When are these avatars used?"
They are used to express emotion; an unofficial emoticon.
Please note that the posting of these avatars with the intent to brutally spam or harass is NOT tolerated!
This is an ever growing list. If you create or find a "plz" that we have not listed please send them in via note.
If you have thought of a plz that you would like to be created please comment our requests journal.
Our dAmn room: #
Make fun with your deviant page!Everybody knows that all deviant pages URI are made like this:Make fun with your deviant page! by pickupjojo
This trick is really simple and totally useless. But why not making fun when you are wasting your time? All you need to do is to add dots and words between the nickname and the domain. For example:
You can try it by clicking her:
It works with all nicks and directories as /gallery or /journal works too.
Pretty cool, isn't it?
Thanks for reading, have a nice day!
Senior members no longer get the same benefits as premium members, despite the contributions to the community.
If you wish to support me by donating points or subscriptions, I would be grateful, as this would allow me to carry on creating journal CSS and other things for the community. You may also wish to commission me to make a journal skin for you.